Video interview is rapidly becoming mainstream as the traditional, face-to-face, method is giving way to it. Brands are now gradually resorting to it as a means recruiting employees. Those brands are not just keeping track of what technology has offered them, they are actually resorting to video interview because of its benefits over the traditional method. Those benefits are not only limited to employers but tojob-seekers alike. As such, what video interview creates is a win-win situation for the parties involved. Here is the comparison of the two methods.
The traditional method of interview is time consuming, stressful, and expensive to both the recruiter and the candidate. Video interview on the other hand makes up for all the drawbacks of face-to-face interviews. The specific benefits of video interview are as follows:
- It minimises expenses for both he employer and the job seeker.
- It bridges the distance gap that may exist between the employer and the prospective employee.
- It places less stress on the candidate such that the candidate is in a better mental and psychological state to attend to the interviewer’s questions more comfortably.
- It is more convenient and therefore more productive, whether it is one-way or two-way.
The Way Forward for the Interviewee
Though video interview has the above advantages over face-to-face interview, it shouldn’t be taken for granted as it still has its own challenges. In fact, some of the principles which apply to the traditional method still apply to it. So prospective video interviewee should consider the following tips.
- Prepare for the Interview: Just ask in the traditional method, a video interview should be prepared for. The preparation should include researching the company and its uniqueness, formulating responses to likely questions, and preparing questions to ask the interviewer.
- Get Your Tools Ready: A video interview is done through a medium. All the tools that give one access to that medium should be put in place and made sure that they are in proper working condition. The place, room perhaps, where interviewer is to take place in should be prepared too, removing all the unnecessary materials from it.
- Make Your Appearance Formal: Remember that though it is a video interview, it is still a formal situation. So you have to dress formally before going to face the camera.
- Practise: If you have not had a video interview before, then you need to practise. Don’t leave anything to chance, get someone who has done it before and have the person groom you.
But How Does Employertube Come in?
We understand how daunting the whole job-searching activity could be. So, our sworn commitment is to make the whole process as easy as possible for recruiters and job-seekers. For the job-seekers, the simply thing they have to do is sign up with us. Once they do that, notifications of job openings will be sent to their emails. After the notification, they should simply submit their CV, after which it becomes our duty to match their CV with the openings most suitable for them. We make sure that with little or no effort, those who need jobs get invited for interviews and eventually secure the jobs.