The recruitment process can be tasking; for the recruiting organizations and the applicants as well, most organizations have a structured recruitment procedure that involves many stages. The recruitment structure is functional in the organizations’ bid to recruit quality and competent candidates. One thing that most recruiting organizations often fail to consider is quality recruitment experience. The recruitment experience provided by recruiting organizations may have telling impacts, whether positive or negative. Unlike before, most organizations now recruit either through their HR departments or through the services of recruitment agencies. As a result of this evolution, recruitment process sometimes takes weeks, even months in some cases, but you know that what you may not know is that there are technologies that can provide good recruitment experience, some of which are being used presently, maybe not extensively though. These technologies include:
- Recruitment Websites: Like the physical recruitment agencies, the internet provides an avenue for a third party recruitment site. Vacancy and recruitment details are posted by the recruiting agencies on these websites; these organizations also pay a certain amount for the service being provided. These websites unlike other websites who specialize in just posting job vacancies, also get to oversee the recruitment process, that is, an interface is created to engage candidates in the recruitment process once their application is complete. Recruitment websites fill in the space for HR departments in a recruitment process. Recruitments websites mostly have HR professionals working for them to serve the need of job seekers, recruiting organizations, and employers.
- Videos: Most organizations make use of videos at one stage in their recruitment process. Candidates who wish to work for your organization may go to your website, the videos available on your website will show what your organization is all about and helps candidate have a feel of what your operation is like. A video is more adept at showing insight into the daily activities of your organization. The use of videos by candidates (as requested by the recruiting organization) is also adroit, in a case where the candidates are in a distant location. Simply put, the use of videos helps in better communication, you get to see the candidates’ mood and body language at the point of recruitment. Video conferencing offers real-time interaction between the recruiter and the candidate. Video conferencing tools like Skype and facetime makes recruitment easier and economical.
- Mobile Device Usage: Recruiters use various types of equipment during interviews, but one that definitely stands out no is the use of mobile devices. Over the past decade in some cases, candidates who are writing an aptitude test use mobile devices and recruiters also use these devices to log in sessions of the interviews they are conducting.
- Recruitment Databases: Some recruitment organizations now have a pool of resumes to check or examine when they want to recruit. Recruitment databases are catalogs of resumes of different job seekers, some who have applied to the organization before without success. Resumes databases are valuable because they possess the application and resumes for different job openings.
- Emails: Yes, email is very common today; nonetheless its importance in recruitment cannot be downplayed. The physical stress involved in writing a letter and going to the post office or the recruiting organization itself are eliminated through the use of emails.
Most technologies make life easier for most businesses while helping them reduce cost. It is, however, important to note that technology sometimes have encounter hiccups, so it is important for recruiting organizations to have skilled operators on retainer for the smooth running of their activities.